do u ever think about post-azkables padfoot like
how sirius probably turns into a dog when he feels scared or how he spends days as a dog because he can’t quite articulate what he needs to say and dogs are better at feeling things than thinking them and that helps
how they get in little fights and sirius just turns into a dog because he doesn’t want to scare remus and being a dog is easier than being right, or wrong, or anything in between
how it probably hurts sirius to be a human sometimes and have to deal with human sorrow so he’ll crawl into bed at night as a dog and remus will just bury his fingers in fur and murmur softly to him until they both fall asleep
how remus knows sirius is okay if he wakes up with his cheek against hair instead of fur
Post-Azkaban Wolfstar makes me so sad, I mean just think about it…
- Remus trying not to be mad at Sirius because the man’s been in prison for twelve years but he’s actually really hurt about what happened that night
- Remus has been feeling guilty as fuck for longing for Sirius for so long and feeling happy when he thinks back on happy times and maybe he had just gotten over it all and moved on when BAM stupidhandsomefaceSirius comes stumbling back around
- Sirius would be so guilt ridden and he had processed all of that and resigned himself to a life in Azkaban as punishment for failed loyalty and then he’s out and (sorta) free
- But Remus is being emotionally distant and that makes Sirius feel even worse
- But because they don’t know how to communicate at all as adults neither one brings up how they are feeling and it all just festers
- And don’t forget there is a good chance Sirius was dealing with some mental health issues (seems like a family history thing) which is just another thing for him to sort through before he feels he can approach Remus about all that sexual tension building up…
sirius black with a tramp stamp
remus reverently and trepidatiously washes and trims sirius’ hair after he gets out of azkaban and they don’t talk but when he’s done sirius runs a hand through his hair and smiles and it’s the first sirius black smile remus has seen in years
Sirius’ surprise at how vibrant mild-mannered Remus Lupin’s sexuality is is very important to me.
Like they’ve been sort of together and kissing and addressing Feelings and such for about two weeks when Sirius invites Remus to spend the night in his bed that night and Remus nods without looking up from the essay he’s writing and Sirius is kind of put off, like, obviously Moony didn’t hear him
But that night he’s in bed and the lights are out and the bathroom door shuts for the last time and a minute later, his curtains open and Remus pulls the blankets up and slides in underneath.
And Sirius is like well hello to you too, and Remus grins and asks him if he’s tired. And Sirius is like, well, we don’t have to do. Anything. I figured we’d cuddle or whatever, etc.
And Remus gives him this predatory smile that sends a shiver up his spine and presses closer until they’re touching from thighs to chest and he hooks his legs into Sirius’ and just asks him if he’s sure
They kiss for a little bit and then Remus is like, you talk about fucking people an awful lot for someone who claims to just want to cuddle, and he presses his hips flush against Sirius’, and even though he already knew from the look in Sirius’ eyes, he’s totally turned on and hard
And Remus laughs, like, what, you’ve never heard me curse before? And Sirius stutters and he’s like, well not in that context, and Remus ruts his hips against Sirius’ and leans in to whisper in his ear, I’d really rather fuck you than cuddle
They don’t end up going quite that far, but Sirius does learn that Remus is exceptionally good at giving head, time spent pulling away to make filthy comments aside. He’s up most of the night, wrapped up in Remus’ arms, wondering when he practiced so much.
He wakes up to a trail of red marks up and down his chest and stomach and Remus, lit by the stream of sunlight peeking through the crack in the curtains, playing with his hair and grinning at him lazily.
let’s be real, when james found out about remus and sirius circa sixth or seventh year after they’d been together just a short while he probably looked at them all confused and was like, “wait, you mean you HAVEN’T been together since third year???”
Very Important Headcanon that remus sleeps on his stomach so to wake him up sirius settles his body on top of remus’ so his stomach is pressed against his back and remus can sleep through ANYTHING right so sirius gets bored and conjures up some sort of watercolor paints and just. paints. sort of on remus’ back. he props himself up on one arm and just paints random shit like waterfalls and sunsets (cause you know he’s an artist) and eventually remus would wake up and they wouldn’t say anything but remus would just take some watercolours and paint on sirius’ arm. he’d probably trace sirius’ veins with his quill-made-brush and sirius would do that shiver thing (swoons). they do this for almost an hour in silence (occasional forehead touches aside) and james and peter would sorta stroll into the dorm and find their best friends half naked and painting each other
Okay but I mean imagine
• Sirius wearing leather jackets and ripped skinny jeans and combat boots.
• Remus wearing sweaters and baggy jeans and sneakers.
• Sirius being seen with a cigarette between his lips more often than not and always having a faint stubble on his chin.
• Remus always smelling of soap and scrunching up his nose when either James or Sirius lit up a smoke.
• Sirius practically never studying or handing in homework but somehow always getting top marks on all of his classes. (The asshole)
• Remus probably being the smartest wizard of their year but still working till ungodly hours and always having ink stains somewhere in his persona.
• Sirius listening to The Clash and Pink Floyd and the Sex Pistols and Queen.
• Remus listening to the Beatles and Elton John and Abba.
• Sirius always having his tie undone and at least three buttons of his shirt propped open.
• Remus always having a perfectly made tie and his shirt buttoned all the way up.
• And yet Sirius was the one who always brought Remus flowers and wrote him poems and hummed romantic lyrics in his ear.
• And Remus was the one who slammed him against the corridor’s wall leaving him as a panting, whimpering mess as Remus winked and casually left to Charms.
(Because Sirius thought he was punk rock but he really really wasn’t)
Sirius Black is shorter than Remus Lupin. He is. At one point in third year he thought he may have a chance at being taller, but when Remus comes back after summer break, he’s had another growth spurt. Sirius pouts about it a bit, but he deals with it. Remus likes to tease him about this.
When they start dating, this becomes a lot cuter.
I firmly believe nine times out of ten lily and remus want to go somewhere nice and have a nice meal and some wine and talk about the neat things in their life and sirius and james want to go to MONSTER TRUCK RALLIES so their double dates just sort of involve sirius and james doing DANGEROUS THRILLING STUFF and remus and lily getting cotton candy and fondly complaining about their respective partners and four hours later everyone realizes that they’re enjoying their date with the wrong person and it’s not even a problem.
No but just imagine James, Sirius, and Peter being exhausted after the night of the full moon and being ridiculed by the professors as they’re trying not to fall asleep in class and being called arrogant and selfish by Snape and being told off by Lily for being lazy and they can’t tell anyone that they just spent an entire night caring for a werewolf so they remain quiet and take the scoldings like the brave boys they are.
But I bet when Sirius was upset he was like a hurricane, ripping through the dorms and the common room and knocking over chairs and bodily shoving kids out of his way, throwing papers and books in the fire, hexing anyone who gets in his way
and Remus was probably really mild mannered, never losing his cool in front of everyone, and so it was always kind of odd to everyone that he ended up with Sirius who was emotional to the point of scary
And the day that Sirius gets the letter telling him Alphard died he’s inconsolable, flipping tables over in the common room and turning a first year’s chess board over, and a scared student goes to fetch Remus from out by the lake
When they come back into the common room Remus goes right up to Sirius, who is yelling at a couple of younger kids to get out of his way, and touches his shoulder and asks him what happened. Sirius crumbles into him immediately, burying his face into his shoulder, and Remus leads him over to his favorite arm chair in front of the fire. They spend the rest of the night curled up together there, whispering to each other quietly. Sirius eventually falls asleep in Remus’ lap
modern day marauders would definitely feature a sirius black who listens to the mountain goats and andrew jackson jihad and neutral milk hotel but still is super into punk aesthetics, he just got his music taste from Remus’ muggle CDs
but sirius living with ocd and mysophobia
and his trunk is organized just the way he likes it and he has to wash his hands three or four times before and after he does anything and he just has these rituals and routines for getting ready in the morning and for getting ready for bed, and sometimes they make him late for class (even though he doesn’t mind that, anyway, because he’s never really been punctual).
and at first the marauders just think he’s all uppity and very much so a pureblood because he doesn’t like them touching his things and he gets very very upset when they do, and he can take ages to get ready in the morning and they don’t understand it. and they don’t understand why he has to touch some things over and over and over again before he can do something else.
but they respect his wishes and don’t touch his things and allow him to do his little rituals. and as they get older, they start to realize that there’s something else going on, so they’re extra considerate of it.
then one time snape knocks sirius’ stuff all over the floor and he starts to get Very Upset, so peter jinxes him and james and remus wash their hands and gather sirius’ things and wipe them down and wash their hands again before giving them back to sirius. and sirius knows he has these really great friends and he loves them very much.
and also, lbr, there are times when he’s kissing remus before class and he has to redo it several times so that it feels right. and remus always allows for extra time beforehand. and sometimes sirius just keeps remus even after he gets it right because why the hell not
mysophobic sirius with ocd
frick frick frick i’ve been thinking about this all day at school
- firstly sirius raising harry and all the other parents giving him disgusted looks when he comes in with his leather jacket and biker boots because they think he’s a stupid delinquent with an accidental child
- and everyone is so surprised when they see how much he adores harry and how well he takes care of him
- (also anyone is going to catch a bad case of Hot Dad Syndrome when they see sirius cmon)
- and remus flushing as harry points over at him and grins (because remus is such a good teacher and he is harry’s favourite and sirius never hears the end of ‘mr. lupin gave me chocolate, pads!! he gives me lots nd lots!’)
- and harry pulls sirius along to remus’ little table and they sit down and remus clears his throat a little nervously as he searches down his list for harry’s name
- and he looks back up at sirius after he’s found the details and he holds his hand out to shake formally saying ‘ah, Mr. black is it? parental guardian of harry?’
- and sirius just smirks as he shakes remus’ hand, being all like ‘it’s sirius, please. and i’m his godfather, parental guardian makes me sound so much older than i am!’
- and remus smiles a little at how casual sirius is with him (and the fact that harry isn’t his actual child because maybe there’s a chance there??? no, he shouldn’t be thinking like that. just a normal parent-teacher meeting)
- and they carry on with remus explaining to sirius about how good harry is and how he’s a little bit of a trouble maker but he always tries to do the right thing eventually
- and remus can’t help but notice the immense pride in sirius’ eyes as he speaks (even if it is when he’s mentioning what a little rascal harry can be)
- and then just as they’re getting to the end, remus forgets he had to do some admin work
- and he goes ‘so, you’re raising harry as a single parent— I mean, godfather?’ as he shuffles his sheets around to find harry’s document
- and sirius just chuckles and can’t help but tease remus a little like ‘yeah, i am single, thanks for asking. could’ve just asked me out for coffee if you wanted’
- and remus flushes, but can’t help himself from smiling back at sirius and being like ‘err, yes, coffee. coffee’s good.’ and he’s stuttering ike an adorable little thing
- and sirius just slips the pen out of remus’ fingers and scribbles his number down on harry’s document
- omggggg this is my favourite au im sorry that this went on so long i need fic and fanart of this stat