so what if sirius is really uncomfortable asking for physical affection (like hugs or to just be able to sit near someone) because let’s face it, the blacks were lightly not the cuddliest bunch
but he feels okay doing it as padfoot
like when they’re away from people and he won’t be caught, he’ll change into padfoot and pounce on james and lick all over his face, and james just laughs and rolls around with him in the grass (and then james will make it a point to throw his arm over sirius’s shoulders or pull him in for a hug at random times because he figured it out)
or he’ll sit next to peter with his tail wagging until peter caves and just rubs and pets him and maybe even gives him some of the food he smuggled from the kitchens because sirius looked at him with those big, pleading, (literal) puppy dog eyes
but with remus it’s a little different, because it’s not playful like it is with the other two. he’ll just jump on the bed and curl up to him him while he’s reading, pressed so close he’s almost on him with remus’s hand running idly through his fur, until one day he shifts back into sirius, and he’s so nervous and he’s just stiff and waiting for the rejection with his eyes squeezed shut but remus just wraps his arm around him and pulls him closer with a kiss to his forehead and goes back to reading
and sirius hides his smile against remus’s shoulder because he’s so happy and that smile is revealing too much (and he knows remus can still feel it against him) and settles in next to him
I don’t know about you but this
will always be Sirius and Remus for me
do u ever think about post-azkables padfoot like
how sirius probably turns into a dog when he feels scared or how he spends days as a dog because he can’t quite articulate what he needs to say and dogs are better at feeling things than thinking them and that helps
how they get in little fights and sirius just turns into a dog because he doesn’t want to scare remus and being a dog is easier than being right, or wrong, or anything in between
how it probably hurts sirius to be a human sometimes and have to deal with human sorrow so he’ll crawl into bed at night as a dog and remus will just bury his fingers in fur and murmur softly to him until they both fall asleep
how remus knows sirius is okay if he wakes up with his cheek against hair instead of fur
Post-Azkaban Wolfstar makes me so sad, I mean just think about it…
- Remus trying not to be mad at Sirius because the man’s been in prison for twelve years but he’s actually really hurt about what happened that night
- Remus has been feeling guilty as fuck for longing for Sirius for so long and feeling happy when he thinks back on happy times and maybe he had just gotten over it all and moved on when BAM stupidhandsomefaceSirius comes stumbling back around
- Sirius would be so guilt ridden and he had processed all of that and resigned himself to a life in Azkaban as punishment for failed loyalty and then he’s out and (sorta) free
- But Remus is being emotionally distant and that makes Sirius feel even worse
- But because they don’t know how to communicate at all as adults neither one brings up how they are feeling and it all just festers
- And don’t forget there is a good chance Sirius was dealing with some mental health issues (seems like a family history thing) which is just another thing for him to sort through before he feels he can approach Remus about all that sexual tension building up…
sirius black with a tramp stamp
remus reverently and trepidatiously washes and trims sirius’ hair after he gets out of azkaban and they don’t talk but when he’s done sirius runs a hand through his hair and smiles and it’s the first sirius black smile remus has seen in years
Sirius’ surprise at how vibrant mild-mannered Remus Lupin’s sexuality is is very important to me.
Like they’ve been sort of together and kissing and addressing Feelings and such for about two weeks when Sirius invites Remus to spend the night in his bed that night and Remus nods without looking up from the essay he’s writing and Sirius is kind of put off, like, obviously Moony didn’t hear him
But that night he’s in bed and the lights are out and the bathroom door shuts for the last time and a minute later, his curtains open and Remus pulls the blankets up and slides in underneath.
And Sirius is like well hello to you too, and Remus grins and asks him if he’s tired. And Sirius is like, well, we don’t have to do. Anything. I figured we’d cuddle or whatever, etc.
And Remus gives him this predatory smile that sends a shiver up his spine and presses closer until they’re touching from thighs to chest and he hooks his legs into Sirius’ and just asks him if he’s sure
They kiss for a little bit and then Remus is like, you talk about fucking people an awful lot for someone who claims to just want to cuddle, and he presses his hips flush against Sirius’, and even though he already knew from the look in Sirius’ eyes, he’s totally turned on and hard
And Remus laughs, like, what, you’ve never heard me curse before? And Sirius stutters and he’s like, well not in that context, and Remus ruts his hips against Sirius’ and leans in to whisper in his ear, I’d really rather fuck you than cuddle
They don’t end up going quite that far, but Sirius does learn that Remus is exceptionally good at giving head, time spent pulling away to make filthy comments aside. He’s up most of the night, wrapped up in Remus’ arms, wondering when he practiced so much.
He wakes up to a trail of red marks up and down his chest and stomach and Remus, lit by the stream of sunlight peeking through the crack in the curtains, playing with his hair and grinning at him lazily.
let’s be real, when james found out about remus and sirius circa sixth or seventh year after they’d been together just a short while he probably looked at them all confused and was like, “wait, you mean you HAVEN’T been together since third year???”
Very Important Headcanon that remus sleeps on his stomach so to wake him up sirius settles his body on top of remus’ so his stomach is pressed against his back and remus can sleep through ANYTHING right so sirius gets bored and conjures up some sort of watercolor paints and just. paints. sort of on remus’ back. he props himself up on one arm and just paints random shit like waterfalls and sunsets (cause you know he’s an artist) and eventually remus would wake up and they wouldn’t say anything but remus would just take some watercolours and paint on sirius’ arm. he’d probably trace sirius’ veins with his quill-made-brush and sirius would do that shiver thing (swoons). they do this for almost an hour in silence (occasional forehead touches aside) and james and peter would sorta stroll into the dorm and find their best friends half naked and painting each other
Okay but I mean imagine
• Sirius wearing leather jackets and ripped skinny jeans and combat boots.
• Remus wearing sweaters and baggy jeans and sneakers.
• Sirius being seen with a cigarette between his lips more often than not and always having a faint stubble on his chin.
• Remus always smelling of soap and scrunching up his nose when either James or Sirius lit up a smoke.
• Sirius practically never studying or handing in homework but somehow always getting top marks on all of his classes. (The asshole)
• Remus probably being the smartest wizard of their year but still working till ungodly hours and always having ink stains somewhere in his persona.
• Sirius listening to The Clash and Pink Floyd and the Sex Pistols and Queen.
• Remus listening to the Beatles and Elton John and Abba.
• Sirius always having his tie undone and at least three buttons of his shirt propped open.
• Remus always having a perfectly made tie and his shirt buttoned all the way up.
• And yet Sirius was the one who always brought Remus flowers and wrote him poems and hummed romantic lyrics in his ear.
• And Remus was the one who slammed him against the corridor’s wall leaving him as a panting, whimpering mess as Remus winked and casually left to Charms.
(Because Sirius thought he was punk rock but he really really wasn’t)
Sirius Black is shorter than Remus Lupin. He is. At one point in third year he thought he may have a chance at being taller, but when Remus comes back after summer break, he’s had another growth spurt. Sirius pouts about it a bit, but he deals with it. Remus likes to tease him about this.
When they start dating, this becomes a lot cuter.
I firmly believe nine times out of ten lily and remus want to go somewhere nice and have a nice meal and some wine and talk about the neat things in their life and sirius and james want to go to MONSTER TRUCK RALLIES so their double dates just sort of involve sirius and james doing DANGEROUS THRILLING STUFF and remus and lily getting cotton candy and fondly complaining about their respective partners and four hours later everyone realizes that they’re enjoying their date with the wrong person and it’s not even a problem.
No but just imagine James, Sirius, and Peter being exhausted after the night of the full moon and being ridiculed by the professors as they’re trying not to fall asleep in class and being called arrogant and selfish by Snape and being told off by Lily for being lazy and they can’t tell anyone that they just spent an entire night caring for a werewolf so they remain quiet and take the scoldings like the brave boys they are.
But I bet when Sirius was upset he was like a hurricane, ripping through the dorms and the common room and knocking over chairs and bodily shoving kids out of his way, throwing papers and books in the fire, hexing anyone who gets in his way
and Remus was probably really mild mannered, never losing his cool in front of everyone, and so it was always kind of odd to everyone that he ended up with Sirius who was emotional to the point of scary
And the day that Sirius gets the letter telling him Alphard died he’s inconsolable, flipping tables over in the common room and turning a first year’s chess board over, and a scared student goes to fetch Remus from out by the lake
When they come back into the common room Remus goes right up to Sirius, who is yelling at a couple of younger kids to get out of his way, and touches his shoulder and asks him what happened. Sirius crumbles into him immediately, burying his face into his shoulder, and Remus leads him over to his favorite arm chair in front of the fire. They spend the rest of the night curled up together there, whispering to each other quietly. Sirius eventually falls asleep in Remus’ lap
modern day marauders would definitely feature a sirius black who listens to the mountain goats and andrew jackson jihad and neutral milk hotel but still is super into punk aesthetics, he just got his music taste from Remus’ muggle CDs