can you imagine remus harping on sirius all the time for smelling like a wet dog, and sirius one day gets so tired of it that he just bathes himself in amortentia so he’ll smell like things remus loves. and then he just smugly goes up to remus, “what do i smell like now?” and remus just rolls his eyes like, “you smell like chocolate and wet dog, nice try covering it up.”
Sirius obsessing over certain words and phrases, trying to figure out which ones were from Remus’ Welsh mother and which were from his Irish father and getting frustrated when he found a quirk he couldn’t place.
Sirius trying to not be turned on on mornings after the full moon when Remus’ voice got all quiet and husky.
Sirius drooling every time Remus spoke French on the vacation the Marauders took before seventh year.
Sirius sneaking up on Remus in the morning to hear him sing while he’s making breakfast.
Sirius slipping shots into Remus’ beer to get him up on stage at karaoke bars.
Sirius melting into a happy little puddle when Remus says “good morning.”
the j in rj lupin stands for “jwolfboy mcwerewolf”, it’s a family name.
Have some Femstar, because rule 63 Remus/Sirius is very important to me.
Drawn with reference~
The marauders sitting in the common room doing homework and James is reading for an assignment and he thinks it’s stupid and just yells “are you fucking serious?!”
Remus says “yes” before thinking it through and begins contemplating a jump off the astronomy tower. Sirius looks momentarily horrified then Peter passes over a galleon to James and they move on with their homework as if it never happened.
oh man!!! in my r/s tag somewhere theres a post about them living together i made a million years ago but the highlight imo was really about a potted plant
remus has a little potted plant he probably got as a gift from lily and bc lily gave it to him he feels obligated to take care of it but, he sure as hell doesnt have a green thumb, so its always kind of precariously on the edge of not looking to hot and being a-okay
and sirius thinks its so ridiculous, bc its a shitty little potted plant, who even keeps plants, wtf, and he messes w/ it to bother remus, sticks his change in the pot and puts stickers on the leaves whenever he comes across a sticker and he’ll move it around the apartment and remus is like WHERE is my plant. this window provides OPTIMAL sunlight. put it back. how dare u
i’m having so many eMOTIONS RIGHT NOW BECAUSE REMUS WAS THE BIGGEST DWEEB EVER LIKE CAN YOU IMAGINE HIM WEARING THESE GIGANTIC KNITTED JUMPERS THAT HIS MOTHER PROBABLY MADE FOR HIS FATHER BEFORE SHE GOT SICK AND REMUS STOLE THEM OUT OF THE CUPBOARD JUST SO HE COULD FEEL CLOSE TO HER WHEN HE WAS AT SCHOOL AND HE PUSHES THE SLEEVES UP PAST HIS ELBOWS AND RUMPLES HIS HAIR IN A FAINTLY SELF-CONSCIOUS SORT OF WAY AND HAS THESE NERVOUS, KEEN EYES THAT GET ALL BRIGHT OVER THINGS LIKE MUGGLE STUDIES CLASS OR ONE OF FRANK LONGBOTTOM’S JOKES OR LILY’S SMILE WHEN THEY’RE SITTING OUT BY THE LAKE OR THE WAY SIRIUS BRUSHES A BIT TOO CLOSE TO MURMUR IN REMUS’ EAR BUT THAT’S A DIFFERENT SORT OF BRIGHT-EYEDNESS BECAUSE HE’LL DUCK HIS HEAD AND GRIN STUPIDLY AT THE TABLECLOTH AND JAMES WILL FROWN LOUDLY AT SIRIUS AND JESUS CHRIST FUCKING REMUS JOHN LUPIN I HATE YOU SO MUCH
who even knows where sirius got that second wand in his hair, it’s a mystery. ruffian.
Hey guys I just had a thought
Like Lily was a doe person (like her Patronus was a doe etc stuff) and Snape’s Patronus was the same because reasons we all know, and then James was a stag, right
And we know in the end Lily and James were a better match because they like completed each other as a pair (stag and doe) rather than Lily and Snape who were identical Patronus-wise
I know this argument would have worked a lot better pre-Pottermore when there was still the “is it canon or not” discussion going on about Wolfstar, but to apply that James/stag-Lily/doe-Snape/doe thought onto the Sirius-Remus-Tonks triangle it’s almost the same isn’t it?
Sirius: dog, Remus: wolf and then Tonks’ Patronus turned into a wolf too didn’t it because she fell in love with Remus. Her Patronus copies Remus the same way Snape’s copied Lily but then again a dog and a wolf form a same kind of pair as a stag and a doe do, not identical but there’s an undeniable strong link there
The love Tonks felt for Remus did seem really a bit one-sided, especially in HBP, almost the same kind of one-sided love Snape felt for Lily… So… Yeah I think I already made my point, I just mean that I see a clear parallel there between the two love triangles and this only strengthens my belief that Rowling meant to make Sirius and Remus a couple but for some reason changed her mind.
ok but consider this: sirius black with an undercut
oops, my hand slipped.
im in love
but who said sirius can’t have long hair AND an undercut
remus lupin in sweaters
remus lupin in sweaters that are too large and come down over his wrists to give him sweater paws and hang loosely on his tall, skinny frame and sirius doesn’t even know what to say because how the hell is this cute this shouldn’t even be cute what is wrong with him
remus lupin in sweaters that are too small and don’t cover his forearms entirely and leave a thin line of skin around his midriff visible above his jeans and sirius licks his lips unconsciously because jesus fuck do you know what you’re doing to me moony
remus lupin in sweaters that fit just right and sirius sucks in a breath when he sees the way they stretch across his shoulders and they make him look gentle and punk and hardcore and professor-y all at once and sirius is pretty sure he is going to die
(winter is, in short, a very frustrating time for sirius black)
ohhhhh anon you’ve hit on my favorite favorite thing to think about and i think about it in lots of ways including au’s where everybody lives and harry has two loving parents and two loving godparents who adore him BUT
if we’re keeping with canon (which means mostly throwing things out past book 5) sirius lives. he doesn’t fall through the veil, doesn’t leave remus with one more ghost in his life without even a body for him to bury. because sirius lives, remus never marries tonks. (remus marrying tonks really hinges on him being in deep mourning and also very depressed after sirius dies i think, even if you’re assuming r and s aren’t together which i obviously am). because sirius lives remus also lives
- they move back to remus’s father’s cottage on the coast of wales, where remus’s parents finally settled when he went to hogwarts. its perched on a hill overlooking a rocky beach, and sirius can always see the sky there. sirius abandons grimmauld place to the dust, and never looks back.
- sirius doesn’t work; he has no need and no desire too. remus wants to teach and he does at hogwarts for a few years (mcgonagall hires him without question and he works to help students who lived through the battle of hogwarts, starts writing a book about werewolves from the perspective of a werewolf) but he doesn’t keep it up for long. his body is aging fast, breaking down, his joints are stiff and tired and every moon is more difficult.
- sirius brews the wolfsbane for him, and stays with him every moon, and runs him hot baths and makes him endless cups of tea
- remus sleeps in, and sirius wakes early (he missed too many sunrises in azkaban so he can’t afford to miss one more). they play old jazz records late into the night and sirius insists on making remus do the charleston with him
- remus does all the cooking
- they have a lot of slow, sleepy sex in the middle of the day sometimes, just because they can, because they are alive and have each other. sirius still has nightmares about azkaban, but they’re getting better, and he only drinks on very special occasions now.
- harry comes over every sunday for dinner. he asks them to tell him stories about lily and james, and they do. sometimes sirius will start a story and will laugh so hard remus has to finish it. they drag out old photo albums, cracked and fragile photos that traveled with remus around the world, and flip through them. on james’s birthday, they pour out a shot of firewhisky for him.
- remus is completely grey by the time he’s 50. sirius never really does at all. (he does wear reading glasses)
- sometimes they don’t talk. sometimes they never shut up. they get old, slowly and stiffly. they regret a lot of things, they mourn a lot of people, they carry many many years between them. they grow old
- but they grow old together, and that’s what matters
do you ever think about Sirius and Remus jamming out to Werewolves of London bc I think about that a lot