Maybe he doesn’t understand all the tangles and strange dark movements and curledin places, but in his bones and skin and shifting muscle he feels a sudden, breathtaking sympathy that’s never been there before. - The Shoebox Project, Part Twenty-Five B: August 1977
I don’t know about you but this
will always be Sirius and Remus for me
icon change yo
i’m so glad about this holy shit it made me laugh so hard at work, im going over the three sentencel imit, idc.
sirius squints at the driver in the car through the drive thru window and frowns; he is holding a bag with three tacos, a nacho bellgrande, two caramel apple empanadas, and a crunchwrap supreme, so he asks, unabashedly, “all of this is yours?”
"um," the driver says. his hair is curly and messy and when the wind blows, suddenly, sirius can smell the leftovers of the joint that was just finished, and understands, so the driver merely continues, "can i get, uh, fire sauce - like as much as you can give me - like so much that - just, a lot."
"oh my god," sirius says, laughing. "i - yes, okay. a lot." he turns away, and finds that when he’s gathered what by his definition is ‘a lot’ of sauce, the guy in the car is still staring at him. "so uh - are you okay?"
"how long is your hair?" is the abrupt reply, causing sirius to instinctively reach up and make sure his hat it on straight and his bun hasn’t fallen.
"oh - i don’t know? long?" this is the most bizarre conversation. the headset is still beeping in his ear and he ignores it.
"i like it."
"i’m wearing a hat," sirius says with a snort. "here is your food - " sirius hands him one bag, which the other guy takes " - and your sauce."
"wait!" the driver says, loud enough that sirius is startled, and puts a hand on his wrist still in the process of trying to give this poor stoned child his sauce. "i really like it. my name is remus. like - it looks good, in the bun."
sirius’s lips curl into a half smile, and he leans a little further out the window. remus’s hand on his wrist is warm and his fingers are calloused. “are you trying to hit on me in a drive through, remus?”
"i - yes, probably."
"well, you’re doing a piss poor job of it," sirius replies, cheerfully. "take your sauce and come back round in an hour and try again, hm?"
and so remus does.
((why is this happenign to me, why did i do this))
01. of monsters and men - slow and steady 02. the xx - fiction 03. bastille - flaws 04. the cinematic orchestra - arrival of the birds 05. spring awakening - the guilty ones 06. the civil wars - 20 years 07. angus & julia stone - i’m not yours 08. ryan adams - come pick me up 09. sarah mclachlan - full of grace 10. broken family band - it’s all over 11. sara bareilles - satellite call 12. hudson taylor - chasing rubies 13. bush - out of this world 14. the national - terrible love
It turned out there was much PDA to be had.
"He scares me," whispered Peter, as James howled with laughter.
putting the dog to sleep || a lie low at lupin’s playlist
prove to me i’m not gonna die alone
do u ever think about post-azkables padfoot like
how sirius probably turns into a dog when he feels scared or how he spends days as a dog because he can’t quite articulate what he needs to say and dogs are better at feeling things than thinking them and that helps
how they get in little fights and sirius just turns into a dog because he doesn’t want to scare remus and being a dog is easier than being right, or wrong, or anything in between
how it probably hurts sirius to be a human sometimes and have to deal with human sorrow so he’ll crawl into bed at night as a dog and remus will just bury his fingers in fur and murmur softly to him until they both fall asleep
how remus knows sirius is okay if he wakes up with his cheek against hair instead of fur
Post-Azkaban Wolfstar makes me so sad, I mean just think about it…
- Remus trying not to be mad at Sirius because the man’s been in prison for twelve years but he’s actually really hurt about what happened that night
- Remus has been feeling guilty as fuck for longing for Sirius for so long and feeling happy when he thinks back on happy times and maybe he had just gotten over it all and moved on when BAM stupidhandsomefaceSirius comes stumbling back around
- Sirius would be so guilt ridden and he had processed all of that and resigned himself to a life in Azkaban as punishment for failed loyalty and then he’s out and (sorta) free
- But Remus is being emotionally distant and that makes Sirius feel even worse
- But because they don’t know how to communicate at all as adults neither one brings up how they are feeling and it all just festers
- And don’t forget there is a good chance Sirius was dealing with some mental health issues (seems like a family history thing) which is just another thing for him to sort through before he feels he can approach Remus about all that sexual tension building up…